Beginning until mid of this year I was very busy due to my study. So I could not invest the time for aeromodelling as I wished to. But in the past weeks I worked up and finally after more than 1 year the new turboKARAT V2 was finished.
When my father flew turbo KARAT V1 he said “I need one”. So we shared the work and built 2 new turbo KARAT V2.
What has been changed from version 1?
– stronger and lighter turbine, now Kolibri T35
– special FIALA 5-blade wood propeller
– special exhaust pipes for the small turboprop
– all new colorscheme “bronce-NAVY”
– newHacker / Ditex-EL Servos
– reworked light system from innoflyer
– reduced go-fly weight
Equipment: JETI duplex REX12 JETI RC-Power Switch 10A Hacker / Ditex Servos Special FIALA 5-Blade Propeller CM-Jets special KARAT fueltank innoflyer light system Kolibri T35 + turboprop
After carefully reworking the whole plane and some “weight cure” we finally made a few very successful phlights with the more than 3m long F4 Phantom from my phater. Everything works flawless!
Both turbines running reliable, all the telemetry data from the three RX and other information are monitored during flight on the radio and the electric retract system incl. the the gear doors moving exactly like on the original F4.
It is so much fun, if everything works so perfect and you have to see this impressive model in the air!
2x JetCat P130RX
Hacker DITEX Servos TD2612S
JETI CB-200 with 2x 2,4Ghz RX and 900Mhz Backup RX
electricretract system and brakes
7,5l CM Jets Tank + 2x UATs
A few pictures from this impressive model (more will follow):
Finally we are able and proud to offer KARAT biplane painted from the FALCON-factory. We completely reworked the scheme and the masking that we now ready for a small “series production”. The layout is my colorscheme and the colors can be choosen without extra cost. Also own schemes are possible!
The new color combination purple / green is my personal ” RT 2020 version”
Information and pricing on request!
The first two airplanes are painted in China and going to the customers soon.
The green version is coming to Germany and before I hand it over to the customer, I will upload some detail pictures.
The delivery of series product of Acrostar XL has started and here are some additional tipps / information.
The wing tube which is included in the kit, was changed due to my wish. More specifically the wall thickness has been enlarged to get a stronger tube. The new tube is also used by the manufacturer for another airplane. So It could be possible that you need to cut the tube around 10mm.
I recommend to modify the tail wheel as shown on the picture. Just one washer and no lock-nut between the bracket and the wheel.
If you use long servo arms, it is useful to install the ball link below the servo arm. Otherwise the ball-linkage will touch the servoarm if you have big deflections.
I recommend to tape all control surfaces with flexible, transparent surgical tape.
The result is a much better effect of those functions.
Since almost half a year I tested the new JETI DS-12 in my airplanes.
In this report I would like to present some facts about this radio, because I really like it and it may helps someone to make a decision whether for or against the DS-12.
What I like:
– Software, menu navigation and even the battery charger!!! is same as all other JETI-radios
– Modelfiles exchangeable to all other JETI-radios (easily from DS-12 <-> DC/DS-14/16/24)
– extremely long battery runtime (In my case around 2 weeks)
– very lightweight radio
– includes the full JETI-Telemetry
– colored display which is even in bright sun good readable
– gimbals as in all JETI-radios with hall sensors
– integrated manual for all those who may not know to go ahead via „?-Button“
– various coloroptions for the radio, so everyone should find a color which suits 😉
– wireless connectable to all other JETI-radios as a trainer radio (I use this feature a lot with friends who test my airplanes)
– elegant and nice solutions directly from JETI also for all “tray-pilots“ (like DC-radios)
– optional 900MHz-TX for dual HF
– Update and telemetry visualization via JETI-Studio (similar to iTunes from apple)
What is the difference to the JETI high-class radios?
– only one 2,4-GHz HF, but dual 2,4GHz-HF-mode is possible
– optional 900Mhz HF-module
– some useful software upgrades are extra
– gimbals feeling little different compared to other JETI-radio due they are not fully aluminum
– box or case are optional
After checking what the software and hardware is offering, after seeing the incredibly high quality and how it´s made plus the option to upgrade the radio to more features and more channels in my opinion the money for the DS-12 is well invested.
The idea of upgrading the radio via internet is not an idea from JETI, since years we use this technology in our smartphones and is just „state of the art“.
In my club there are also the first happy DS-12 users, some use it as main radio and others just as backup / trainer radio.
Even my father bought one DS-12 after playing with mine 😉