Since almost half a year I tested the new JETI DS-12 in my airplanes.
In this report I would like to present some facts about this radio, because I really like it and it may helps someone to make a decision whether for or against the DS-12.
What I like:
– Software, menu navigation and even the battery charger!!! is same as all other JETI-radios
– Modelfiles exchangeable to all other JETI-radios (easily from DS-12 <-> DC/DS-14/16/24)
– extremely long battery runtime (In my case around 2 weeks)
– very lightweight radio
– includes the full JETI-Telemetry
– colored display which is even in bright sun good readable
– gimbals as in all JETI-radios with hall sensors
– integrated manual for all those who may not know to go ahead via „?-Button“
– various coloroptions for the radio, so everyone should find a color which suits 😉
– wireless connectable to all other JETI-radios as a trainer radio (I use this feature a lot with friends who test my airplanes)
– elegant and nice solutions directly from JETI also for all “tray-pilots“ (like DC-radios)
– optional 900MHz-TX for dual HF
– Update and telemetry visualization via JETI-Studio (similar to iTunes from apple)
What is the difference to the JETI high-class radios?
– only one 2,4-GHz HF, but dual 2,4GHz-HF-mode is possible
– optional 900Mhz HF-module
– some useful software upgrades are extra
– gimbals feeling little different compared to other JETI-radio due they are not fully aluminum
– box or case are optional
After checking what the software and hardware is offering, after seeing the incredibly high quality and how it´s made plus the option to upgrade the radio to more features and more channels in my opinion the money for the DS-12 is well invested.
The idea of upgrading the radio via internet is not an idea from JETI, since years we use this technology in our smartphones and is just „state of the art“.
In my club there are also the first happy DS-12 users, some use it as main radio and others just as backup / trainer radio.
Even my father bought one DS-12 after playing with mine 😉